Already have a teaching license? Visit our other Master's and Doctoral programs.
Become the teacher you have always wanted to be and earn a Master’s degree in the process.
Phase One (Graduate Certificate)
- Builds on your bachelor’s degree
- Guides you toward becoming a “highly qualified” and “fully licensed” teacher
- Prepare for teaching and the “initial” license before entering the classroom OR clear your “provisional” (lateral entry) license while teaching
- Become an effective, professional, decision-making teacher
Phase Two (Master of Arts in Teaching)
- Become a self-reflective master teacher
- Develop advanced competencies as a teacher-researcher and a teacher-leader
- Phase Two must be completed within the six year time limit from when the first course for licensure was taken
* Traditional classroom instruction and online courses are available.
Apply to UNC Charlotte
Apply online to start moving toward one of the most challenging, interesting, and satisfying careers you will ever choose.
- Complete a UNC Charlotte Graduate School Admission online application.
- Application requirements:
- one official transcript from all institutions attended while in or since high school
- three recommenders contact information
- Disposition Statement
- Background check (found within application)
- statement of purpose
- application fee of $75
Interested in Special Education-Adapted Curriculum? Funding is available to help with your studies.
Click here or call 704-687-7353 for more details.
Attend an Open House
Join UNC Charlotte faculty and staff at one of our Open Houses where you’ll learn about the various programs available through the College of Education. From initial licensure in teaching (the Graduate Certificate in Teaching) to master’s licensure in teaching (both MAT and MEd programs) to doctoral programs, we have something for everyone. Make a world of difference in the lives of children tomorrow by exploring our graduate programs today.
In addition, we encourage you to attend a Graduate Admissions General Information Session to learn more about the opportunities for your graduate education at UNC Charlotte.
|College of Education||August 24||12:00 PM||Online||No RSVP required. To join: https://uncc.webex.com/uncc/j.php?MTID=m01ac4340578269d4e09680d9ced34ac1|